Monday, April 14, 2008

Ratatouille

I found a recipe for Ratatouille in my Betty Crocker book, and it made me think of the movie. So, for FHE last week we ate Rataouille while we watched the movie. It's totally vegetarian, so some husbands might appreciate some meat with it; I would suggest a steak or maybe plain grilled chicken. I thought it was plenty filling and satisfying all by itself. Anyway, it was a fun FHE, and I thought I'd put the recipe up.

Ratatouille:

1 med (1.5 lb.) 1/2" cubed eggplant (unpeeled or peeled; I peeled mine)
1 lb. zucchini cut in 1/2" slices
1 med. green bell pepper chopped
1 med onion finely chopped
2 med tomatoes cut into fourths*
1/4 cup olive or veg oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic finely chopped*

cook all ingredients in 12" skillet 10-15 min on med heat (until zucchini is tender).
* I actually suggest cutting the tomatoes in 1/2" chunks and adding it 5 min into cooking. I cut mine into eighths and the pieces were still a pretty big mouthful. And I used 2 heaping tsp. minced garlic from a jar, instead of fresh garlic, and sauteed that with the oil 2 min or so before adding everything else.

No comments: