Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Health Study

Hey Ladies-

As some of you may remember I had a condition called Hyperemesis Gravidarum during my pregnancy. I am trying to participate in a study to look at genetic factors related to this condition in the hope that some useful information might be gleaned to help women with this condition in the future.

I am looking for a volunteer to be my control. This person needs to have at least 2 pregnancies that went beyond 27 weeks, little or no nausea with the pregnancies, and no weight loss due to nausea.

If you volunteer to be my control, you will be asked to contribute genetic material, via a swab of the mouth and fill out some health questionnaires. They will mail the cotton swabs to you so you don't have to do any travel.

If anyone is willing and able to do this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kristen

3 comments:

Megan said...

I fit the description but I'm across the country.

Emma said...

I fit as well, but don't know if my location is helpful.

Wife and Mother said...

Thanks you guys! As of the post day, I have a volunteer set up. But it's good to know that you are willing to help if something happens. I don't think that location would be a problem since they are mailing everything. I am so grateful that you are willing! I appreciate it.