Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hot Dips

Before Dave and I moved to SoCal, I was a substitute teacher in Utah. One of my favorite days of teaching was when I got to sub for a cooking class. Oh, my amazing day of food. I liked some of the recipes so much that I copied them and brought them home. This is one of those recipes. I'm also including Rena Thayer's Artichoke Dip recipe, because it is very similar and super yummy. (I hope that's ok Rena.) I'm pretty sure you can exchange the jack or mozarella depending on which you have. I know you can omit the garlic if you don't like garlic. And I bet, with a little finagling, you could combine these into a spinach artichoke dip.

Hot Spinach dip from Orem High School cooking class

8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 C. mayo
1C. fresh spinach, finely chopped
2 t. green onion, chopped
1 clove minced garlic or 1 t. garlic powder (I actually didn't include any garlic last night)
1/2 C. fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 C. monterey jack, grated

Mix thoroughly. Spread into glass baking dish and bake for 20 min. at 375 degrees or until bubbly throughout. Serve warm with crackers or tortilla chips.


Rena's Hot Artichoke dip
(Rena usually halves this and puts it in an 8x8 baking dish)

2 small cans artichoke hearts, drained
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 C. mozerella, grated
1C. mayo
1C. parmesan
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. lemon juice

Mix thoroughly and bake in a 9x13 pan for 15 min. at 350 degrees. Serve warm with crackers or tortilla chips.

No comments: