Monday, November 5, 2007

Christmas Idea

My mother-in-law unknowingly gave us a great idea for Christmas gifts. And then two days later I was talking to my dad and he mentioned, completely unaware of my mother-in-laws comment, that he had to get prepared for emergency.

For Christmas we are making emergency preparedness kits for two of our sets of parents. I've been looking for a long time as I have created our own family preparedness kit. The other day, I came across a great site. It has really good prices and a lot of variety. I figured out that if I order what I want from their loose stuff and assemble my kit on my own, I could get a lot more stuff for the price of their prepared emergency kits.

And we got all of our siblings involved to make it a group gift which kept the cost down. And our siblings loved that they didn't have to come up with something on their own.

Anyway, I just thought it was an unconventional but practical gift for loved ones.

The site that I like is www.preparednessproducts.net.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Awesome idea! I am trying to convince my siblings to do the same. What a great gift to receive.