Monday, May 21, 2007

Meal Planning

I saw a really neat way to plan meals in "Family Fun" last year. You assign each day of the week a food nationality or leftovers. Then for each of those days you have 4+ meals you rotate though the month. If you don't have leftovers, you can always make hot breakfast or something easy.

My example:

Monday: American
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: International
Thursday: Pasta (Anything that has pasta in it)
Friday: Fiesta
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Missionary (Large Sunday Meal fit for missionaries)

This way the entire family knows what to expect which days, so there is no more "Whats for dinner?"

1 comment:

Alberta said...

Very nice, Nancy! I have been doing something similar to this for several years now, and it is a big time (and sanity) saver. I had to laugh at Sunday's theme, though. As a missionary, I was fed so many big meals I actually appreciated it when a family fed us something small and simple! I gained 10 lbs. I was so well fed!